Elevate Christian Network :: Global Humanitarians
Indian Red Cross Society: This short film by Indian Red Cross Society, A.P.State Branch, Hyderabad, documents who they are and what they do. Their mission is to inspire, encourage and initiate at all times all forms of humanitarian activities so that human suffering can be minimized and even prevented.
They are guided by their principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. They are rendering service to millions in general and the poor in particular, all across India.
- The Indian Red Cross is a voluntary humanitarian organization having a network of over 700 branches throughout the country, providing relief in times of disasters/emergencies and promotes health & care of the vulnerable people and communities.
- It is a leading member of the largest independent humanitarian organization in the world, the International Red Cross & Red Crescent Movement. The movement has three main components, the International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC), 187 National Societies and International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. Visit them online at: http://www.indianredcross.org
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers.
- For the latest news and updates, visit them online at: https://www.icrc.org/en/who-we-are/movement
Social Media Comments:
Red Cross concerned about the number of people still missing in Kosovo
The International Committee of the Red Cross, said is very concerned with the pace of work to elucidate the fate of persons who even after 17 years of Kosovo War, are estimated as missing. These comments were made during a meeting in Belgrade of a working …
WATER AND HABITAT ENGINEER, International Committee of the Red Cross, Somalia https://t.co/bB8w0lhChe
Celebrate American Red Cross Month by working on an emergency preparedness plan with your family, donating blood or becoming a volunteer! Learn more about how every day heroes can help people in need: http://spr.ly/6268B9TiO #RedCrossMonth
Indian Red Cross Flood Rescue Operations
- The people of Jammu and Kashmir grappled with one of the worst floods in over half a century. The floods left hundreds dead and thousands displaced. In the immediate aftermath of the floods, shelter, health and sanitation and other basic needs must be addressed even as the unforgiving winter approaches. …Read more on icrc.org
Indian Red Cross Society – IFRC
Powerful earthquake rocks north-east India and beyond. A powerful … Indian Red Cross helps reunite families separated by worst flooding in decades.
The American Red Cross addresses disaster vulnerability in India with a … of the local Red Cross and Red Crescent societies) in disaster-prone communities by …
Indian Red Cross Society – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Indian Red Cross Society (IRCS) is a voluntary humanitarian organisation to protect human life and health based in India. It is part of the International Red …
International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
Red Cross Red Crescent magazine. The magazine of the Movement is published in March, June, September and December. It tackles issues of concern in the …
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, Vernier, Switzerland. 390406 likes · 5248 talking about this. The IFRC provides…
New Delhi Tourism: Best of New Delhi, India – TripAdvisor
New Delhi Tourism: TripAdvisor has 257846 reviews of New Delhi Hotels, Attractions, and Restaurants making it your best New Delhi resource.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) coordinates the world’s largest private relief system for conflict situations. Its staff operates throughout the world, and in recent years the ICRC has mounted large operations in the Balkans and Somalia. Yet despite its very important role its internal workings are mysterious and often secretive.
This book examines the ICRC from its origins in the mid-nineteenth century up to the present day, and provides a comprehensive overview of a unique private organisation, whose governing body remains all-Swiss, but which is recognized in international law as if it were an inter-governmental organization. David Forsythe focuses on the policy making and field work of the ICRC, while not ignoring international humanitarian law.
He explores how it exercises its independence, impartiality, and neutrality to try to protect prisoners in Iraq, displaced and starving civilians in Somalia, and families separated by conflict in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. David Forsythe received the Distinguished Scholar Award for 2007 from the Human Rights Section of the American Political Science Association.
- See more Global Humanitarian Relief stories on Elevate Christian Network.