Dr. Josh Axe: Health Benefits of Maca Root | Boost Your Health Naturally
Elevate Christian Network :: Health and Wellness
Health Benefits of Maca Root: This video will share the many benefits of maca root and how it can naturally boost your health.
Maca is actually in the same vegetable family as cabbage and broccoli and is also an adaptogen herb. Adaptogens are unique and help the body adapt and deal with many stressors. Maca is grown in the mountains of South America and has been used in history for balancing hormones and improving libido.
Maca root powder is an excellent source of protein, fiber and several vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, copper and iron. It also contains over 20 amino acids — including all eight essential amino acids — and plenty of health-promoting phytonutrients. It also contains many beneficial plant compounds, including glucosinolates and polyphenols, and is a popular choice for the vegan diet.
1) Naturally balance hormones
• Issues relating to hormones
⁃ PMS, menopause and PCOS
• Helps lower cortisol (high stress hormone)
• Balances hormones & helps reproductive organs of men and women
3) Naturally improve testosterone in men
• Other resources about increasing testosterone: http://draxe.com/7-steps-increase-testosterone-naturally/
4) Boost energy levels
• Issues relating to decreased energy
⁃ Chronic fatigue or adrenal fatigue
How to take maca root:
1 TBS of maca each day in a smoothie
* Mix cacao, coconut oil and maca for extra energy boosting
Other resources on the many benefits of maca root: http://draxe.com/top-5-maca-root-benefits-and-nutrition/
Read more about other healing adaptogen herbs online: http://draxe.com/7-adaptogen-herbs-to-lower-cortisol/