How to Use Basic Gym Equipment (Beginner’s Guide) | Joanna Soh
SUBSCRIBE for new videos every week: https://www.youtube.com/user/joannasohofficial Don’t know how to use the gym equipment? Too shy to ask a trainer? Watch this video as I’ll guide you on how to use some basic gym machines!
I’ll be sharing some important beginner’s tips, muscles you’ll be targeting and the correct way to use each machine.
Filmed at ANYTIME FITNESS MALAYSIA (PUCHONG BRANCH)
Joanna is a certified Personal Trainer (ACE), Women’s Fitness Specialist (NASM) and Nutrition Coach, with over 8 years of experience.
Stay connected and follow me:
(Subscribe to my website for printable workouts & recipes)
– All machines have diagrams stating the major and minor muscles being worked on.
– The first thing to look out for is the adjustment levers, which usually are bright coloured so that they stand out.
– How heavy should you lift? The weights should be heavy enough to fatigue your muscles within 8 – 15 repetitions, but not too heavy that you struggle to complete a full range of motion.
– If you are new to the movements, you can always start slightly lighter and slowly increase the weight as you get more comfortable with the machines.
1. Seated Row
2. Seated Chest Press.
3. Leg Extension
4. Seated Leg Curl
5. Shoulder Press
6. Pec Fly
7. Rear Delt
8. Assisted Pull-up
9. Assisted Tricep Dip
10. Captain’s Chair Leg Raise
MORE WORKOUT VIDEOS TO GUIDE YOU THROUGH YOUR JOURNEY
Beginner Fat Burning Morning Workout
How to Lift Dumbbells to Lose Weight (Gym Training)
Burn Back Fat & Bra Bulge (4 Exercises)
Kickboxing to Lose Flabby Arms / Bingo Wings (No Equipment)
4-Week Toning Butt & Abs Challenge
Gentle Morning Yoga Stretches to Feel Energized
30-Minute HIIT Yoga for Slimmer Legs
30-Minute Beginner HIIT Yoga for Stronger Core
Here’s the complete playlist to more than 50 videos: