Insomnia: 6 Natural Remedies to Help You Relax and Get Some Sleep
Elevate Christian Network :: Health and Wellness
According to Consumer Reports, Americans spent $41 billion on sleep aids and remedies in 2015—a number that’s expected to reach $52 billion by 2020. Melatonin supplements“By far the most common thing I recommend to patients is to take melatonin,” says Dr. Daniel Barone, neurologist at New York-Presbyterian and Weill-Cornell Medicine.
The hormone, which is produced by the brain in preparation for sleep, is also available in pill and liquid form, which you can get at any health food store or pharmacy—good news because some modern behaviors can interfere with its natural production.
“When we’re exposed to TVs, computers and phones with backlit displays, that tricks the brain into thinking it’s light out and it doesn’t make as much melatonin as it should.” Getting natural melatonin production back on track is the most sustainable scenario. Read the full story…. time.com
In this video, Dr. Josh Axe goes through the steps you need to follow to naturally cure insomnia.
1. Eliminating carbohydrates before bed and consuming quality fats in it’s place (Avocado and yogurt)
2. Reduce stress by avoiding the television screens and computer screens before bed and read something that helps you relax (journal, bible)
3. Take quality supplements, especially a Magnesium (400-500mg before bed)
4. Use essential oils like Lavender and Chamomile by rubbing a few drops on your neck before bed or taking a detox bath with epsom salts
5. Changing your lifestyle like lowering the temperature in your house (60s), making sure your bed is comfortable, making sure your room is dark
Following these steps will help you fall asleep fast and help you overcome insomnia naturally.
Source: Dr. Josh Axe – Insomnia Cures