Nutrition: 10 Health Benefits of Magnesium | Health and Wellness
Elevate Christian Network :: Health and Wellness
Health Benefits of Magnesium: It is often called “The Magic Mineral” because it plays a crucial role in over 300 enzymatic reactions within the body, impacting everything from energy metabolism and stress management to hormone balance, detoxification, sleep, and the creation of proteins.
According to the World Health Organization, only about 25% of Americans are consuming adequate levels of magnesium, but that’s only one factor contributing to what CNN calls the “invisible deficiency.” One frustrating issue with magnesium is that because it is stored deep in mitochondrial cells, heart cells, and other cells, we really can’t measure it usefully in the blood.
Because testing isn’t accurate, practitioners often consider stress load, gut function, and symptoms associated with deficiency when recommending magnesium supplementation.
10 Health Benefits of Magnesium
1. Hormone Balance – Magnesium helps to balance cortisol, supports the thyroid, and aids in the production of progesterone, estrogen, and testosterone.
2. Bone Health – We’ve long been told that calcium “builds strong bones,” but that’s not the whole story. When we consume a lot of calcium without magnesium, the calcium collects in soft tissues rather than going to our bones where it is needed. Magnesium is needed because it stimulates the hormone calcitonin, which is what directs calcium into the bones. It’s no surprise, then, that magnesium supplementation has been shown to improve bone density in both children and certain elderly populations.
3. Energy Support – Magnesium is crucial to the function of mitochondria, which are the power plants of the cell. Our mitochondria fuel every aspect of health, from brain function and muscle strength to cell repair and enzyme creation. Poor mitochondrial function reduces energy levels, so we want to keep the little guys happy.
About the Authors
Heather Dessinger is the founder of Mommypotamus.com, which is devoted to helping you take steps toward healthier living. She’s passionate about real food, natural remedies, homemade non-toxic beauty products, and sharing research on health topics that affect families.
Dr. Lori Valentine Rose, PhD, CNP, BCHN, is a college biology and nutrition instructor, board certified nutrition professional and holistic nutrition consultant and clinical herbalist. She loves spreading love and light, and helping others feel awesome on the inside and out so they can live their dreams and make this world more awesome. Visit her online at: Lori Rose Holistic.
Dr. Eric Berg discusses about the importance of magnesium and how a major world population is having magnesium deficiency. It is important nutrient for the cardio cycle and helps in relaxation of the heart. In the first part of this video, Dr. Berg talks about magnesium deficiency symptoms and magnesium benefits for the body. Magnesium deficiency diseases could be related to heart, hyperactivity, spasms, sleeping, high blood pressure, even learning and memory problems.
Sources of Magnesium
In the next part, Dr. Berg speaks about the sources of magnesium and the major magnesium health benefits. Low magnesium in the body could be related to several factors such as diet, stress, vitamin d deficiencies, diuretics, alcohol, antiacids. Overall, the video talks about the importance of magnesium for our body and the magnesium rich foods and magnesium supplements we can take to restore the magnesium levels back to normal.
Dr. Berg talks about the symptoms of a magnesium deficiency. This can cause: soft tissue calcium build up, sleep problems, arrhythmia’s, hyper irritability, cramps, high blood pressure, spasm and even learning and memory problems.
- Get more helpful information from Dr. Berg at: https://www.drberg.com/blog
Amazing Health Benefits of Magnesium and Some Great Ways to Get More of It Magnesium is essential for heart health. Studies suggest a possible association between a modestly lower risk of Coronary Heart Diseases (CHD) in men and increased magnesium intake. In one study of women, higher dietary intakes of magnesium were associated …
The Health Benefits of Magnesium I’ve even shown you how to make your own magnesium oil, and talked in length about its importance to our bodies with my friend and NTP, Lydia, on our Vibrant Health Podcast. But today, I want to discuss the many health benefits and healing properties of …
Top 10 Health Benefits Of Eating Tiger Nuts Moreover, Magnesium helps care for the kidney, caters to menstrual cramps in women and aids PH balance to avoid infections. Another wonderful health benefit of tiger … Now you know what Tiger nut is and the benefits it offers. Let’s take a look at …
Across the web
- Continuing streak, Japan leads world in life expectancy, WHO report says
- World Malaria day: Bolanle Ambode tasks mothers on prevention
- Here’s how much sugar is crammed into the bestselling drinks in America
- Program Aims To Curb Health Habits At Church
About Cee Harmon
Cee Harmon is the founder of Elevate Christian Network and Elevate Your Potential Magazine. He enjoys helping people improve the quality of their lives - spirit, soul, and body.
Connect with us on your favorite social media sites. Leave us a comment in the section below and tell us what you think.
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
How Can I Be Saved | Salvation Prayer – Pastor Joyce Meyer
Does life leave you feeling empty? Do you sense that there’s more, but feel unable to reach it?
In The Prosperous Soul e-course, Dr. Cindy Trimm reveals God’s path to deep fulfillment.
Health and wellness experts share simple and effective changes you can make to improve your health and quality of life.
Wholetones Chroma videos use the power of healing sounds, colors and light to turn any room with a television into a relaxing, healing spa.