Humanitarian Aid and Disaster Relief News Channel
Humanitarian Relief News Headlines
World Vision is proud to announce Meghan Markle, lifestyle expert and actress, best known for her role as Rachel Zane on the hit legal drama Suits, as a Global Ambassador to the organization.
This past February, Meghan Markle travelled to Rwanda to witness World Vision’s water work. During her one-week visit to the country, she trekked to unclean water sources, visited clean water projects, helped build a well and met many Rwandans whose hospitality and stories have made a lasting impression on her life.
Clean water does more than quench thirst, it changes lives. There are more than 663 million people worldwide living without this fundamental resource.
Partner with World Vision Canada to help bring access to clean water in order to provide:
1) Health: When a community has access to clean water, sanitation and good hygiene practices, it helps improve medical services, like preventing infections and ensuring the healthy deliveries of children.
2) Education: School is one of the best ways to lift children out of poverty. But dirty water can cause dehydration and decreases a child’s ability to focus and learn in school.
3) Food: Clean water is for more that just drinking. It’s also integral to farming. When fields are properly irrigated, crop yields and livestock production can greatly increase.
4) Safety: In many countries in the developing world, women and children walk long distances to collect water. These journeys are dangerous, often putting their personal safety at risk.
- Learn more about how clean water changes lives: http://s.wvc.ca/HGEagD.
Elevate Christian Network | Humanitarian Relief News
Humanitarian Relief News: Find news and information on humanitarian aid, famine relief, global crises and disasters. Learn how organizations and individuals are responding to help those in need.
Inspiring people against injustice to bring the world closer to human rights & dignity enjoyed by all.
Facing responsibility: The face of a refugee child | World Vision Blog. Haya, a refugee from Syria living in Jordan, was 10 when Rich Stearns met her in 2013.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and other situations of violence.
Since the Water for LIFE outreach began in 2000, your support has helped provide more than 5000 water wells for people in desperate need of clean water.
The International website of The Salvation Army, containing information about the mission and work of The Salvation Army in 128 countries.
- Trending Christian Music
- Trending Christian News Stories
- Bible Studies and Devotionals
- Online Church Directory
- Christian Music Videos
- ECN – Online Stores